8 Reasons to Get LED Lights for Your Home

Installing LED lighting in your office or home can give you endless benefits. LED (Light Emitting Diode) bulbs are durable, cost-effective, and energy-efficient.

LED bulbs are the newest development in lighting and work as an excellent substitute for standard or halogen lights. We put together the following list of 8 reasons to install LED lights in your home to save yourself money, power, and time.


Typically, a conventional 50W halogen lamp converts 90% of energy into heat, while the remaining 10% is turned into light. LED lights require only 15% of the power a conventional halogen light needs, thus giving up to 85% of the light produced. Since they don’t emit so much heat, you can save on cooling costs and install them in more spaces.

Longer life

LED lights enjoy an extensive lifespan of up to 80,000 hours, suggesting you can save on maintenance expenses. LED lamps are 8 to 10 times more lasting than traditional halogen lamps, making them the best substitute. LEDs are a great choice if you have lights installed in difficult-to-access areas since you won’t have to replace them so frequently.

Enhanced durability

Unlike standard bulbs, LEDs have no glass components or filaments, which makes them resistant to breakage or vibration. This quality makes them ideal for outdoor spaces, sports facilities, and more.

Condensed size

LED lights come in all shapes and sizes. You can find lights as small as 2mm, perfect for tight and hard-to-reach areas. Moreover, you can highlight architectural features using LED lighting.

Quick start on and off

There is no need to arrange backup lighting since LED lights start at max brightness instantly each time. LED lights are so convenient since they turn on and off immediately, which is suitable for automotive lights, traffic signaling, and flashing signs, as opposed to traditional compact fluorescent lamps that flicker or fade in and fade out.

Added safety

Most LED lights use low voltages, so they are cooler to touch, safer to handle when mounting and maintaining, and can resist snow and rain.


One of the most significant benefits of LED lights is that they are an environment-friendly means of lighting since they don’t need mercury or other harmful gasses or release dangerous UV rays. For instance, a 13W LED light produces 68% less carbon dioxide than a conventional 40W incandescent lamp operating 10 hours daily.

Reduced electric bills

You probably assume a lamp does not contribute much to your energy expenses. Quite the opposite, lights often located in bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens consume a substantial amount of power because of the duration and frequency of their use. By lowering the total power consumption from your lighting, you cut down on ongoing utility costs. This doesn’t even cover bulb replacements, which won’t happen as often as for standard halogens.

If you are looking for an electrician in North Lakes, Kallangur or Brisbane’s Northside, JNA Electrical QLD are available 24/7 providing a wide range of electrical services that home and business owners alike have come to rely on. We specialise in the supply, installation and maintenance of all your electrical and lighting requirements. Should you require an emergency electrician we offer a 24-hour emergency service, so give us a call on 0439355405

We are fully equipped to visit your property and handle all of your electrical and lighting needs. Whether you need to change a light bulb or design and install a large-scale electrical integration system, JNA Electrical QLD should be your preferred electrician for any job.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *